sql question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From u95886230@spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net
Subject sql question
Date
List pgsql-general
Please help, I am trying to write an SQL statement but with no success as I am just
starting out with sql.

I have a table with 3 columns: Account# ,OrderType and date
example of data:
Account#    ¦   Ordertype  ¦ Date
1           ¦   A          ¦ April
1           ¦   B          ¦ May
1           ¦   B          ¦ May
2           ¦   B          ¦ April
2           ¦   B          ¦ May
2           ¦   C          ¦ May
3           ¦   C          ¦ May

I need to write a select that will show me the totals of EACH type for EACH account AND
total ordersplaced for a SPECIFIC month eg..Show me the results for May...

account ¦ TotA  ¦ TotB  ¦ TotC  ¦ Total
1       ¦ 0     ¦ 2     ¦ 0     ¦ 2
2       ¦ 0     ¦ 1     ¦ 1     ¦ 2
3       ¦ 0     ¦ 0     ¦ 1     ¦ 1

I can use temp tables, but need a solution written as basic as pssible so I can understand
it (all in the form select this from that)
any help would be fantastic as I am completely stuck and have been trying for about a week

thanks
sgebbie@ciaoweb.it

--
Sent by sgebbie from  ciaoweb piece from  it